Who hoo's there?

Well, its a hoot to have you visit! My quill scribblings are merely a sprinkling of crafty dreams, a dash of vintage finds, and a heap of owl's tales... , Owly Byrd

Search & Rescue


Maxi-muumuu - Vintage Barkcloth Dress
Owly has been spotted in Kelowna, British Columbia at the etsy shop of Search & Rescue. The fashionable Bobbi-Jean Newell, is responsible for the creative photography behind the vintage fashion. 

Excerpt from Soopsee profile:  "First and foremost, a minister.  Upcycler, designer and purveyor of vintage and handmade goodies. Etsianblogger, amateur photographer and member of the twitterati. Last, but not least, wifey."

How did the fashion affliction hijack you?

Mad for Plaid - Vintage Pendleton Suit
"It all started while flipping through pattern books as a baby on my mother's knee. Then came the therapeutic trips to the fabric shop and fashion magazines. I had an insatiable appetite for fashion and money was always an issue, that's where the thrift stores came in. 

A trained eye coupled with obsessive compulsive behavior was my recipe for success. The thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the deal just kept pushing me on. I'm now a skilled designer with a love of vintage." 

What inspires your fashion sense?

"Just about anything can get me all worked up, inspirationally speaking. If I had to narrow it down, I would say colour and texture. I also appreciate it when things are aligned spatially."

Tell us about Search & Rescue

"I love everything in the shop, really. Things don't get rescued from the pits of oblivion unless I would be willing to make them my very own."

Go For Bronze -Vintage Batwing Sweater
Words to act on

"Use the marketing tools available to you. The internet allows you to reach people on the other side of the globe, so let your fingers do the walking."






Share/Bookmark