Who hoo's there?

Well, its a hoot to have you visit! My quill scribblings are merely a sprinkling of crafty dreams, a dash of vintage finds, and a heap of owl's tales... , Owly Byrd

Michelle Palmer Art


Tell us about yourself

I love all things antique, vintage, feathered, weathered, worn... gardening... and enjoy painting and illustrating those themes. I have been an artist my whole life. I received my bachelors degree in graphic design. When we started our family I was a stay at home mom that sold original watercolors at local art festivals. 


My paintings are in private and corporate collections all around the world. I continue to be a stay at home mom and professional artist. I am thankful to have amazing agents that help me license my designs on fabric, flags, cards, calendars, blankets etc. etc.

Inspirations

My family. Married to my best friend and we have fantastic teens that continue to amaze us with their own talents and dreams. Artists and musicians are inspiring, too... every artist, every medium.



I love when people comment on myblog spot. People sharing their lives... laughter, tears, hope. I love when my art touches someone's heart.

Favorite pieces

Oh choices, decisions... I love all of them! I enjoy working with wool and my needle felts. With a few tufts of wool and one needle you can make practically anything. Collage pieces are fun because the antique papers are gorgeous!

I am in awe of the early artists who engraved! My fabric sketches are probably my favorites because they come from my enormous, personal, collection of journals, sketch diaries... they are original illustrations from my heart.


I always try to encourage everyone to take a chance with art. There are no mistakes. If we all waited until we were good enough... there would be no art. We are our own worst critics. We each see the world and its amazing treasures differently~ that is what makes art so much fun and exciting!

The different ways we create is even more exciting! I would just like to encourage anyone who is thinking about dabbling... get some color on that white canvas! Sew, paint, glue, carve, mold, draw, write... it is an amazing journey. As I change, year after year, so does my art. 

Wishing you all that is wonderful!

 

Share/Bookmark