Who hoo's there?

Well, its a hoot to have you visit! My quill scribblings are merely a sprinkling of crafty dreams, a dash of vintage finds, and a heap of owl's tales... , Owly Byrd

Robots Are Awesome

Whoo are these awesome robots?

                         Bixly Blue waves Hi!


They are one of a kind (ooak) polymer clay art sculptures handmade by HerArtSheLoves

Why the little heart? 
Because we all need a little heart in life.


Tell us about yourself?
I'm semi-self-taught illustrator and polymer clay artist. I'm also a digital illustrator; I create cartoony illustrations that you'll find at almost every stock image website (ie Shutterstock, Dreamstime).




How are they made?
I take polymer clay shape it robotic shapes, add beads for eyes, wire woven into springs (coiling gizmo rocks) make neck, arms & legs, baked in oven to a rock hard finish and finally brush multiple coats of varnish for years of delight. 
Ogden Orange
Custom robot
"I LOVE my robots! Ogden and Witty Pretty Robot Kitty are just as I had envisioned!... perfect and easy for me to take and hand over as a gift... except, they are too cute so I am keeping them for myself... :) 
- Etsy Feedback from Frecklefoot 

Pliny Patina Garden Robot

What inspires you?
All the nerdy goodness of science fiction... 


Dalek
Fellow artists and crafters and their shared art and stories encourage me to create new styles, sizes and special details.

Your favorite robots?
Doctor Who's Daleks, K-9 and Futurama's Bender

Robots Are Awesome Collection on flickr is more than awesome. 
How such awesome robots are created with this adorable rascal around is beyond this world. Her feline Steve after a long day of attacking feet, paper bags, computer wires, and random objects.


Share/Bookmark